- Calvin: What's it like to fall in love?
Hobbes : First, your heart falls into your stomach and splashes your innards. All the moisture makes
profusely. This condensation shorts out the circuits to your brain and you get all woozy. When your brain
burns out altogether, your mouth disengages and you babble like a cretin....
- Reality is whatever refuses to go away when I stop believing in it. Philip K. Dick
- Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal. -- Leo Tolstoy
- kings and lords come and go and leave nothing but statues in a desert,
while a couple of young men tinkering in a workshop change the way the world works.
-- terry pratchett DW25 the truth
- He was determined to discover the underlying logic behind the universe. Which was going to be hard,
because there wasn't one.
-- Mort, Terry Pratchett
- reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.
unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.
all progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.
-- george bernard shaw
- twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do,
than by the ones you did do. -- Mark Twain
- a man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child. -- knights of pythagoras
- blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.
- contempt is the weapon of the weak and a defense against one's own despised and unwanted
feelings - alice miller
- it pays to use words of good taste. you may have to eat them. - shelby friedman
- man is made or unmade by himself; in the armory of thought he forges the weapons by which he
destroys himself. he also fashions the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of
joy and strength and peace. - james allen 1824
- i'm happy trying to communicate as a small human with a fragile heart, and a questionable
brain -- eddie vedder
- we live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. the great task in life is to find reality. --
iris murdoch, irish author
- do not pray for an easy life. pray to be a strong person.
- I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them. -- Jane Austen
- I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -- douglas adams
- Just because you're smart does not mean that the other guy is stupid.
- Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand. - James Hetfield
- Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. - Henry O. Dormann
- Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life. -- Confucius
- He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression.
- Thomas Paine
- Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a
strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
- Abraham Lincoln
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test
a man's character, give him power.
- Abraham Lincoln
- Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong.
- John Diefenbaker
- You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat
those who can do nothing for them or to them.
- Malcolm Forbes
- Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
- H. L. Mencken
- Putting a bunch of people to work on the same problem doesn't make them a team.
- Gerald Weinberg
- Even if your on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
- Will Rogers
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- Martin Luther King
- The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think
for ten minutes.
- An eye for an eye would leave the whole world blind.
- The problem with this world is that the stupid are so sure and the wise so full of doubts.
- Bertrand Russell