- The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity.
- Theres an inverse relationship between how good something is for you and how much fun it is
- It's only work if somebody makes you do it.
- I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep everyone's expectations
- Things are never quite as scary when you've got a best friend
- I'm related to people I don't relate to
- A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add
drama to an otherwise dull day
- Physical Education is what you learn from having your face in someone's armpit right before lunch
- Life is full of precluded possibilities
- I wonder how long its been since I last looked at the clock. Maybe it's been an hour. Well, actually
it's probably been only 40 minutes. I'll guess half an hour to be safe..
[he looks at the clock]
20 seconds?! It's going to be a very long day.
- Calvin: Let's try this path over here!
Hobbes: I don't see a path.
Calvin: We'll make a path.
- The problem with new experiences is that they're so rarely the ones you choose
- As usual, goodness hardly puts up a fight
- Hobbes : Shouldn't we read the instructions?
Calvin : Do I look like a sissy?
- You know what we need, Hobbes? We need an attitude. Yeah, you can't be
cool if you don't have an attitude
- There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want
- I'm killing time while I wait for life to shower me with meaning and
- The only skills I have patience to learn are those that have no real
application in life
- Calvin: ....It's not fair!
Calvin's Father: The World isn't fair.
Calvin: I know, but why isn't it even unfair in my favor?
( cause i once had this same conversation with my dad)