- Strange is our situation here upon the earth. Each of us comes
for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to
define a purpose.
- Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one
- A scientist never really understands his own theories unless he can satisfactorily explain them to the
- I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious.
- My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable
superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we
are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
- Fear or stupidity has always been the basis of most
- If God has created the world, his primary worry was not to make
its understanding easy for us.
- Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot
understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and
courageously uses his intelligence.
- Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former
- Two things inspire me to awe -- the starry heavens above and the moral universe within
- Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating
influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the
community to which your later work belongs
- Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler
- Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character